Airbnb has become a popular choice for some travelers over the last few years. This online community marketplace lets people rent out their homes to other people who are looking for specific accommodations.
We're going to look at some top Airbnb picks here in RVA.
1) The quiet and cozy home in Forest Hill: There is a private room to rent in an 1940 brick cottage-style home; which is situated on a tree-lined dead end street and located only three blocks from Forest Hill Park. Amenities include a kitchen, Internet and heating and cooling. The home owner, Susie, is very welcoming and knowledgeable of the area.
2) Private entrance apartment in the Fan: Talk about great hospitality! Owner Zack always makes sure the fridge is stocked with wine for guests and coffee is readily available in the morning. The apartment features unique hardwood floors, brand new leather futon/pull down bed and chaise and small kitchen. The studio apartment can accommodate up to three people and it's centrally located near Virginia Fine Arts Museum, Carytown and many restaurants!
3) The home away from home: Need a holiday getaway for the whole family? Don't sweat it because homeowner Crystal rents out her home which features four beds and 2.5 bathrooms out in Chesterfield. The space includes a Jacuzzi, well-equipped kitchen, screened-in porch, washer and dryer, large yard and a fireplace.
4) The cozy apartment in Church Hill: Get lost in historic Church Hill district when you rent out one bedroom in a four-square style home decorated with mid-century and vintage, eclectic decor. Accommodations include Internet, television, heating and cooling, kitchen, plenty of street parking and private attached bathroom. Bars, restaurants and new retail shops are all within distance of the space.
5) The children-free space near Interstate 95: John and Alton's home near I-95 is the perfect getaway for adults. The home is a children-free and smoke-free zone; it's the ideal location for the traveler staying in Richmond for business. Enjoy a quiet evening in one of their twin beds, or upgrade for the night and stay in the master bedroom. Accommodations include Internet, kitchen, washer and dryer, ample parking, and breakfast!