In their first collaboration, each brewery created a beer to compliment the other inspired by a playful twist on the nursery rhyme Georgie Porgie.
Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry,
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away, nope...decided to stay.
Georgie is a mixed berry pale ale while Porgie is a chocolate pudding porter. "Georgie and Porgie are two beers that represent the love we have for craft beer and for everyone who drinks it, no matter who they are and who they love,” the label for the new bottle states.
Taste the brews throughout the month of September starting with a kickoff and release party on Quirk Hotel’s rooftop.
- Thursday, September 1 - Pride Kickoff at Quirk Hotel, 6 p.m. until
201 W. Broad St, Richmond VA
- Friday, September 2 - The Caboose Tasting in Ashland. 4:30 p.m.
108 S. Railroad Avenue, Ashland VA 23005
- Saturday, September 3 - Bottle Release - Ardent and COTU will simultaneously release the “Georgie” and “Porgie” beers on September 3 in their respective taprooms. Both taprooms will have the two beers on tap and bottle sales of both brews. Guests who visit Ardent and COTU on this day will be given limited edition “Georgie Porgie” glassware in support of Pride Month. Ardent’s event begins when they open at 12 p.m. and COTU will start at 1 p.m.
Ardent, 3200 W Leigh St, Richmond, VA 23230
Center of the Universe, 11293 Air Park Rd, Ashland, VA 23005
- Thursday, September 8 - Citizen Burger Bar Party. 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 9 - The Wink Sampling Event. 4 p.m.
11355 Nuckols Rd, Glen Allen, VA 23059
- Thursday, September 15 - Station 2 Party, 5 p.m.; Pre-Pride Party at Babes, 8 p.m.
3166 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221
- Monday, September 19 - Capital Alehouse Midlothian Party 4 p.m.
13831 Village Place Dr, Midlothian, VA 23114
- Friday, September 23 - District 5 Event, 5 p.m.
1911 W Main St, Richmond, VA 23220
- Saturday, September 24 // Pridefest! 12-8 p.m.
Brown's Island, Richmond, VA 23220